- November 15, 2020 at 11:27 am #15987esailor TeamKeymaster
EOOW Online Oral Exam 29/09/2020
Candidate: Marc McGhee
Result: Pass – 1 Hour
• What type of ship and engines did you have?
• Showed me a diagram of a 4-stroke and 2-stroke engine cross sections and got me to name different parts.
• What is the function of a stuffing box?
• How does an exhaust valve operate on a 2-stroke engine?
• Showed me a diagram of a 2-stroke timing diagram, asked me to name degrees angles.
• Showed me a diagram of the JCW system, asked me to name all the components.
• What would cause the JCW temperature to increase?
• What would you do if both boiler gauge glasses showed no water in them?
• What are the boiler mountings?
• What boiler tests do you do?
• How would sea water get into the boiler?
• How would get rid of impurities in the boiler? (Boiler Blowdown)
• What would you do if the OMD activates?
• How does the OMD work?
• What causes oil mist in the crankcase?
• What is the function of a crankcase explosion door?
• What is gauze used for in an explosion door?
• 1-hour departure notice.
• Steering gear test.
• How to safely isolate a sewage pump motor?
• How to prove dead on the motor?
• How to conduct an insulation test and continuity test?
• What is an earth fault?
• How to find an earth fault?
• What is the difference between a HV earth fault and a low voltage earth fault?
• What is Marpol and the different annexes?
• What is the oil discharging requirements?
• What is the sewage discharging requirements?
• How do we follow annex 6? (Scrubber and Low sulphur fuel)
• What is a scrubber?
• What are the SOx limits for worldwide and in ECAs?
• Fire in engine room, what do you do?
• What firefighting equipment do you have in the engine room?
• What extinguishers would you use for class A and B fires?
• What are the advantages of using Hi-Fog over CO2?
He then said I had passed, and they would send out my NoE within about an hour
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.