- September 9, 2021 at 3:32 pm #16149esailor TeamKeymaster
GMA Candidate EOOW orals Majeed
Examiner: Mark Lennon (online) 07/09/21
1. your a first time joiner to the ship
2. What are the handover reports , what will you be looking at.
3. Take over watch and explain to me how to take a safety round what should u be looking for starting from the first top level? Kept asking me questions starting from Boiler
4. Asked about all the conventions not just the main 4 (load line,etc).
5. What is STCW
6. What ISM, SOCREM
7. Where do you find your job responsibilities on board?
8. MLC requirements?
9. Marpol all annexes
10. Bunkering operation
11. What is BDN what is consist of (have to say sulphur content)
12. What is Sox ?
13. What you use to change type of fuel and when u do that?
14. What is TBN and what’s the TBN of the Cylinder
15. LO analysis and what’s is TBN 20
16. If there is a small fire in the accommodation and you are in ur room with ur normal clothes what would u do? FIND
17. If Bilge is started to be high level what would happen or what’s going on? Flooding and went with its procedure(don’t forget watertight integrity must say)
18. How to check water level in boilers? What are the tests mentioned more than 3 ?And how to test it? Mentioned checking on gauge glass and asked me for its procedure
19. What safeties are in boiler?
20. Water safeties on boiler?
21. How is the fuel injected and how does it go to the main engine?
22. Fuel from bunker to engine?(procedure)
23. High exhaust on 4 stroke in one unit?
24. Mentioned power cards as well and clover leafing
25. Reasons for scavenge fire in two stroke
26. Crank case and oil mist alarm he mentioned the flashpoint and asked how to lower it
27. OMD procedure
28. 1 hour departure notice?
29. What time of fuel injector in ur ship?
30. Paralleling generators procedure
31. Safeties on main switchboard?
32. What is earth fault?
33. What is volt and how u manage the volt? AVR
34. Mentioned Soft starting in a weird way mentioned all and described star delta
35. At night time UMS is there and was OMD alarm ?
36. How you the volt is being reduced insulators and then mentioned IR and how it works didn’t go directly to the question
37. What is reverse power trip
38. Enclosed space entry
39. Checks on SCBA and firefighting sets
40. Bottom end inspection
41. How the cylinder head is held on its position? Hydraulic screws
42. Fire Extinguishers types?
43. We are going into ECA what we do? FOBAS
44. Operation of purifier? How to clean hfo and then I mentioned differences between puri and clari and purifier procedure
45. Go through FUEL INJECTOR read it
46. Changeover from High sulphur to Low
47. Differences between 2 and 4 stroke(mentioned dedicated cylinder lub system in 2 stroke then asked for its TBN)
48. What is AVR
49. Earth fault
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.